Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees C/446 degrees F.
2. Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread pesto sauce over the pizza crust. Top with chopped tomatoes, garlic and mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top.
Calories per serving: 154
Carbohydrates: 18g (grams) | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 1g
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Carbohydrates: 22g (grams) | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 1g
Tip: Try low-fat Cheddar cheese and reduce calories by 32 and fat by almost 4 grams per serving.
2. Stuff each pitta half with vegetable mixture. Serve warm.
Carbohydrates: 27g (grams) | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Fiber: 3g
Tip: Be creative. Try other vegetables of your liking and even different types of breads like focaccia and French loaves.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
pineapple, drained salt and pepper to taste
Friday, July 1, 2011
225g spaghetti Dressing:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil 60ml lime juice
½ red pepper, thinly sliced 3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 onion, thinly sliced 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 (400g) can bean sprouts, drained 1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped 1 tablespoon sesame oil
225g spaghetti ½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves, minced 50g feta cheese
200g dry lentils 2 teaspoons parsley
1. Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. Add garlic and onion. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add the lentils and 375ml of water. Bring to the boil. Add thyme, salt, red pepper flakes and tomatoes. Bring to boil again. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes until lentils are softened.